Uxbridge Skip Hire & Recycling uses mechanical and hand-picking sorting techniques to separate waste brought onto the site. The resulting segregated streams are then sent for re-processing or re-using.
- All metal is removed to a recognised metal recycling company where material is sorted and re-used in industrial processes.
- Removed to a local composter.
- Stock-piled then sent to provide fuel.
- Screened twice through our system which produces a product suitable for laying turf on.
- Cleaned and sorted then taken back into the construction industry for various building processes.
- Collected and baled and sent for re-processing. Such is the versatility of wood-based materials that you often find cardboard is recovered and re-processed many times over.
- This material is not allowed into landfill and is removed from our site to a recycling stream.
- Another remarkable and versatile material that can be recycled / reprocessed many times over.
- Certain plastics are easily recyclable but some streams of this material constitute the majority share of landfilled materials that leave our site. It is hoped that our commitment and investment will see plastic streams more readily re-processed in the future.